Zagreb

>> Friday, August 11, 2006

I spent 2 days in the capital of Croatia. Very pretty. Unfortunately half of the Old Town is under construction at the moment. St. Mark's Square in particular which has St. Mark's Church and Ban's Palace is completely torn up. I was attempting to take photos around the heavy equipment without making the construction workers angry or falling into a hole.

Went to the city of Zagreb museum, mainly because I wanted to see the damaged furniture from the 1991 rocket attack on Ban's Palace. The Croatian president and prime minister were in the palace at the time, but there were no casualties.

I also took a quick tour of the Ethnographic Museum yesterday which exhibits traditional Croatian clothing. It was a really beautiful day so I decided to spend the afternoon in the Botanical Gardens. Met an American there and ended up spending the rest of the day/evening with him. Then I caught the overnight bus to Split.

0 comments: