skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- No matter where you go in the world, there are annoying American tourists. Can't they ever shut up?
- Food in Slovakia sucks. Either that or I have been unlucky. I haven't had a good meal since I got here. They have been overcooked, and/or soggy, and/or tasteless... Of course it's hard to live up to the divine food at Green Way, a veggie restaurant in Krakow.
- If I eat any more cabbage, I may never eat it again after this trip!! (that comment pertains to both Poland and Slovakia)
- Not very many toilets in Slovakia have locking doors. I got walked in on today. They do have marginally better toilet paper than Poland though. But you still have to pay for the privilege.
- Saw an engraving today with the distances to various cities in the world. I am 6981 km from Toronto.
- Funny name for the convenience store part of the Esso station - Tigermarket
3 comments:
Dear Kat...Love the blog...am having as much fun following you around Europe as you are managing it!!...'cept for the food, of course!! Your dad and I are busy packing and getting ready for our next great adventure...the Quetico canoe trip. The logistics are overwhelming at times, especially concerning how to hang a 40 lb food barrel out of bear's way.
Tomorrow we finalize all of the packing, as well as entertain Bruce, Laurie et al for dinner. We have to make it an early night, as we leave very early on Sunday morning...it is a 22 hour drive to our put-in. This might be the last you hear of us till we get home at the end of August. We do have the GPS programmed, so I am sure that this not entirely the last you hear of us. At any rate, we will get in touch the minute we land back in Cold Lake. Enjoy the rest of your trip!! LOve, Dad and Wendy
Heya!
Great observations, gal. At least there's been no illness or major inconveniences (touch wood). And at least the toilets seem to have seats...
Cheers and travel safe!
P.S. My friend, Chris can recommend a Croatian strip-joint if you're interested...
I think I will skip the strip joint - thanks!
Post a Comment