Life in Hvar Town
>> Tuesday, August 15, 2006
I met up with Dennis later on, about midnight, because he and some friends were going out for a drink after work. I felt okay at first, then after 2 beers (they are small - maybe like having 1 1/2 beers in Canada) I felt super tired all of a sudden. I wanted to go to my room. Dennis insisted on walking me. Then we we got there, he tried to kiss me! I said no and made him leave. Men!
When I woke up yesterday, I realized why I had felt so sleepy the previous night. My infamous "virus" was back. I was a feverish zombie. It was cold and raining so I went back to bed. I slept for a few more hours, and then, since it had stopped raining, I decided to go out. I went down to the sea for a few hours, but I could not warm up. It wasn´t warm really, but I think my fever/chills made it worse. So I went back to my room. With much dread, I decided to have a shower. The previous day when I had tried, the shower was cold. It seemed like the hot water, although on, wasn´t coming through. Since my body was already shivering, I was hoping that I could get the hot water to work somehow!! I managed to work out a system that sort of worked. The hot water would come through the shower if the cold was not on. So I would turn the hot on, then the cold, then turn the cold off. For a few moments as the cold water subsided, I got warm water. I had to be careful not to scald myself. Fun. After that, all I wanted to do was go to bed! But things could not be so easy. I could not get the door to unlock. Why I even locked the door... I don´t know. But now I could not get it to unlock. I kept getting more and more frustrated (yes me..). I HAD to get out of there! Finally I managed to get it open after about 20 minutes. So much for the warmth from my shower. I dove under the blankets...
... only to be awakened at 1:30 am by something hitting the wall outside my window and someone calling my name. Dennis!! The nerve of this man! Who does he think he is? Romeo? I pretended that I was asleep (which I had been!).
Unfortunately, Hvar is a small place... Dennis managed to find me today and asked me to come for a drink later. I told him I would probably be sleeping...
Thankfully I am escaping to another island tomorrow!
0 comments:
Post a Comment