Arrival in Vela Luka
>> Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Well, I managed to escape Hvar without having another run in with Dennis the Menace. Phew! I was going to walk up to the Spanish Fortress this morning. It overlooks Hvar Town and gives great views. Unfortunately it was pouring rain. I mean POURING rain. So I just sat and drank cappucinos instead. Then I caught the ferry over to Vela Luka on the island of Korčula. What a distinctly different environment here! It is much quieter, not overcrowded with tourists like Hvar was. I was getting a bit tired of the pretentious Italians. Too many Dior sunglasses and Dolce and Gabbana jeans for my liking.
It looks like I am all sorted for diving tomorrow. Got my gear all organized and all the paperwork done. I am staying in a pension just a few doors down from the dive shop and can literally roll out the front door and into the water if I want. But I think I will opt for the beach which is in front of the dive shop instead... when I am not diving that is.
Time for another meal of pizza I think. It's pretty much that or seafood, which I don't eat. At least I can have a different flavour ice cream for dessert...
2 comments:
Life is such an adventure! I'll be off to some islands come Sunday. The Caribbean ones, though. Take care and travel safe... no more Dennis!
Have a fantastic time on your cruise!
Dennis was harmless... just annoying.
Post a Comment