Tunisian Travels
>> Saturday, November 05, 2005
Since the country of Tunisia seemed to offer such tremendous variety, and I'm not much for sitting around doing nothing, I decided to go on a 2 day excursion of 1250 km covering much of the country. I was a little reluctant about spending so much time in a bus, but hoped that it was worth it. Unfortunately the two South African sisters who had been my beach buddies decided not to go so I was on my own. As usual, that didn't last for long as I found myself adopted by one family after another over the 2 days.
Here is a map which was painted on the wall of the restaurant at Jilma where we had a rest stop on the second day. The map shows the journey which we took over the 2 days. The starting point for me was my hotel between Sousse and Monastir. From there we travelled to El Jem, Mahres, Gabes, Matmata, and then to Douz where we spent the night. The next day took us across Chott El Jerid, to Tozeur, then to Chebika, Gafsa, Jilma, Kairouan, and then home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment