You´re Fired!

>> Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bit of a disasterous Spanish lesson this morning... I expected a teacher that spoke at least a little English. Nope, none. That is probably okay for intermediate Spanish students, but not for me! It is a good thing that I tried to teach myself a little bit before I came here because otherwise I would have been lost 100% of the time. As it was, I was lost about 50% of the time. I could understand most of the stuff she showed me in the books (especially when there was pictures), but most of the questions she asked me were beyond my understanding. And of course I never got any explanations about anything. So I went to talk to the owner of the school afterwards and I am supposed to get a new teacher tomorrow. So far I am not too impressed with this Spanish school!

2 comments:

Karine and Tom 10:31 a.m.  

Hey Kat,
We've not met in person, but if you ever want to get together, we live in El Sauce neighborhood. (I think a lot of the host families live around us). La Ceiba can be a bit overwhelming at first, but I'm sure you'll find yourself more and more comfortable. Feel free to email me anytime!
Karine karinenelson@yahoo.com

Kat 11:58 a.m.  

I've sent you an e-mail! Would love to meet you guys.