Salva Vida!

>> Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stopped by Karine and Tom's last night for a couple Salva Vidas (a rather tasty Honduran beer). As odd as it sounds to wander the neighbourhood in a foreign city to find the house (no street names or house numbers!) of a couple that you have never met and stop by for drinks, it actually wasn't strange at all. They are a super friendly couple who welcomed me into their home as if I was an old friend. Thanks guys!

My brain is starting to go a little mushy from the Spanish lessons, but I do feel like I am making some progress. I can actually express some of the things I want to say now. Sure my grammar and pronounciation are atrocious, but being understood and being able to understand basic essentials is all I am hoping for right now! I hope I can find some way to continue learning when I get home, although likely not until I leave Cold Lake for a larger city. By then I will probably have forgotten all I learned...

Am headed to the Expatriate Bar & Grill... must be a cold Salva Vida waiting for me there!

2 comments:

Unknown 3:17 p.m.  

Hi Kat,
Glad to hear you've connected with people you know. As for the Spanish lessons, don't give up just yet....I believe someone was teaching Spanish in CL last winter. Wendy and I will be leaving for Quetico first thing Saturday morning and returning about Sept 1. In case I don't get on here again, have a wonderful holiday in the time you have left there.

Dad

Karine and Tom 6:21 a.m.  

It was great to meet you the other night. Thanks for stopping by!