The Opposite of Luxury

>> Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wow! Did 5 dives today. Crazy day. More miserable weather. There’s nothing worse than getting out of your wetsuit in the whipping wind. It’s ridiculous. The lot of us decided against showers. At least until we go to port in Bimini. There is a salt water shower which you can use as much as you want (yet oddly, it is just a trickle) – how is this different than the dive you just did? Then you can take a 30 second fresh water rinse. The shower is about 2 feet wide. I can see a whole lot of banging of elbows if a person even tried.. Not much different for the toilets.. err, the “head”, but that’s a necessity. Life on this non-luxury liveaboard is definitely an experience!

In addition to the diving today, there was time for spearfishing for lobsters. Many of the guys went out and did their manly hunting thing... I skipped it. Only one was successful.

The second night on board was a ridiculous rainstorm. I went down to my cabin to put on my waterproof gear at about 7 PM because it looked like it was going to rain. I got told not to go back on deck as it was insanely bad. So I had an early night.. actually read my book. : )

0 comments: