May the Force (Fins) Be With You

>> Thursday, March 27, 2008

Finally last night the party got started… well, Martin and I have been partying all week, but this time others stayed up past 10 PM! The crew brought out a multi-coloured rotating light (we called it a disco ball). Some shots were had, and of course, more rum punch.

We had some interesting dives today. First we did a drift dive which we all had to do as a group. 21 people plus 2 dive masters trying to herd us like sheep. Bizarre. Then we did a dive which actually had a worse current – but this time we had to swim in to it! Neils and I kicked like crazy for 20 minutes before he’d had enough and we turned back. Actually he kicked like crazy, I had my Force Fins – I think Neils has decided to buy some after that dive. Yes – they look ridiculous – but damn can you go! At least this trip I wasn’t the only one with goofy fins. Martin has them also. Although clearly mine are more dorky because they are bright yellow. The third dive was a wreck dive of a boat that ran aground. It’s about half above water and half below. Made of concrete and once owned by Henry Ford, it was a nice dive site with lots of life.

Tonight is port night on North Bimini Island!!

0 comments: