Aboard the Morning Star
>> Monday, March 24, 2008
Unfortunately, we have had lousy weather so far – wind, clouds, rain. The first day aboard was my birthday. We were a bit delayed leaving because one guy’s bags didn’t arrive and he had to go shopping for a few things and get fitted for rental gear. Once we got going, we did manage to sneak in one dive on the south side of Grand Bahama before dinner. I was buddied with a guy named Niels from Toronto. We saw a few sharks and a turtle – not a bad start to the dive week. After diving, we managed to eat a proper dinner on deck, I even got a cupcake with a candle, and a round of “Happy Birthday” before the wind/rain got too out of hand. Shortly thereafter though, the majority of people went to bed. It ended up just being myself and an English guy named Martin up and enjoying Taylor’s (dive master) rum punch for hours after everyone else, except the crew who were driving us south to the Berry Islands overnight, had gone to bed.
2 comments:
Oh God, the Rum punch.
I think the "Twice the fun" part was right, but the "half the cost" thing is wrong - they were still qutie expensive as liveaboards go.
I think I am still recovering from the effects of all the rum I ingested last week. My toe certainly is - I am walking around school in my sock feet!
I do believe that Blackbeard's price is slightly over half of what other liveaboards charge in the Bahamas. But you're right - it was not cheap. If I add in my airfare, night in the hotel, and other costs it was about the same price as going to the Southern Red Sea from London. And when you compare those experiences - Blackbeard's comes off as expensive. But damn it was fun!
Post a Comment