Wanna go to Africa for the day?
>> Sunday, June 17, 2007
Wow! Only 3 more days....... very sad! I had wanted to go to Cadiz for some beach time, but couldn't get a hostel booked. So I decided to go to Tarifa on the Costa de la Luz instead. A little farther east along the coast, Tarifa is known for kitesurfing as it's the windiest place in Europe. It actually made for fantastic beach days as you don't even break a sweat. The waves were also fun to play in.
Very spontaneously I went to Morocco for a day. I half jokingly said that I should have gone to Morocco instead of France. One of the guys at the hostel said that he was going the next day and invited me along. It was only 5 Euros more to go on a tour compared to paying for the ferry. I think the touts there are worse than Sri Lanka and Tunisia... very close anyway. What insanity! They know the route of the tour and would literally wait outside places for you to emerge so they could try for the 50th time to sell you some drums or a necklace or whatever. It was interesting to go, and we met some amazing people who were also on the tour. One of the Spanish girls even got up during lunch and started belly dancing in the restaurant. It brought all the men out of the kitchen to gawk. I wore a long skirt and a t-shirt, and still had guys offering themselves to me. The hazards of being a woman in a Muslim country...
My body seems to not be getting along with this trip. First I had a cold, then I sliced my toe open, then the tendonitis in my foot started, then I got a sore throat. Now this morning I woke up and my left eyelid was swollen so much it was nearly shut! I have an insect bite just above my eyebrow and I think it may be a reaction from that. An American gave me a couple Benadryl tablets and the swelling went down a lot. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow and my eye is back to normal! I feel like such a freak!
I just arrived in Granada tonight. Last stop of the trip..... : (
0 comments:
Post a Comment