Lazy days and late nights

>> Monday, June 11, 2007

As seems typical of this trip, plans went out the window and I ended up staying longer in Barcelona than I originally thought. I met so many fantastic people there and just went with the flow. Enjoyed the modernisto architecture (Gaudi is amazing!), the Picasso museum, the beach, and of course some late nights at the clubs. You have to love a city where the after hours clubs start at 7 am or something ridiculous. It´s strange to go out, dance all night and head back to the hostel when it´s light out already. And how can you not enjoy a place where the main action is on a street called La Rambla? Not rambla like rambler, but rumbluh. It´s even fun to say it!

I did a day trip to Figueres which is a couple hours north of Barcelona. There is the Teatro-Museo Dali which Salvador Dali built in the 60´s-70´s. Totally bizarre place. An absolute must-see as far as I am concerned.

My last night in Barcelona I went out with some girls from the hostel. We first went to an Irish bar before going to a club. We met some American brothers there and I ended up in an absolutely hilarious fight/debate with one of them. It´s people like him that give America a bad name. And he hasn´t a clue. His view: America is saving the world and won´t you be sorry when your shopping mall gets blown up. I really enjoyed the argument.

I arrived in Seville this morning at 8:30 am after a night with not much sleep as I was too cheap/broke to pay for a sleeper on the train and couldn´t really get comfortable in the chair. Ended up getting the free breakfast (sweet), meeting some people and then heading to see the sights. As the Cathedral was closed today for a service (Sunday - should have expected it), we went to Alcazar. Beautiful place. Four of us are heading to the bullfight tonight. I am a bit apprehensive about it... but it´s part of the local culture so I am off to experience it!

0 comments: