Sevilla

>> Friday, June 15, 2007

Have I ever been rubbish at blogging this trip. I have descended into complete laziness. Or relaxation as I have been told.

The bullfight was... er... shall we just say it was more horrible than I imagined and leave it at that? Or should I add that some of the people that I met at the hostel decided to leave? I knew the bulls were going to die... but I really hadn´t envisioned the absolute bullies-in-the-schoolyard scenario where the result is death. Other than the fact that one guy got a horn in the a$$ (he was fine), the whole thing is very one-sided. Nothing brave about it. Despite that, I am glad that I went as it was interesting to experience it. But I will not go again. Once was definitely enough!

The day after the bullfight my foot was so unbelievably swollen that I was actually a bit frightened. I think it was because I had walked so fast the previous day keeping up with everyone. So I just hung around the hostel with my foot in the hot tub sized "cool pool" on the roof terrace and read. The next day I managed to do quite a bit of slow walking and do the grand tour of Sevilla on my own. I also made it out for the hostel´s tapas tour, including going to see a flamenco show - an energizing good time!

Weirdly, I had a "small world" moment in Sevilla. I was in the hostel room reading my book... a guy wanders in, looks at me, then looks again and says, "Hey! Katrina!" We had shared a room my first night in Barcelona and had a long, leisurely lunch (con grande cuerveza) on La Rambla. He´s a really cool guy from LA who has his first film credit as an assistant producer for Disney (the animated flick Meet the Robinsons).

Must run... people always waiting for the internet! (actually that is my excuse... not laziness)

0 comments: