High School Reunion

>> Sunday, January 13, 2008

of sorts... I just got a teaching position at my old high school. Yep, I will be joining my sister and her husband as staff members. How bizarre! I'll be teaching information processing and legal studies. Yay!

But before all that... I have to survive the next couple weeks. I thought things looked bad before Christmas.. all the marking I was going to have to do. Then I find out my second day back that NO marking was done for the students during term one (Sept to Nov 7). What?!? So now I have to deal with that on top of all the marking I thought I had to do. I don't even know a lot of these students, let alone what modules they did. The other issue is that my time has just been shortened. I was going to have until Jan 28 to get all the marks in. Now I have to start the new job Jan 23 so I can spend a week with the outgoing teacher to learn the ropes - definitely a good idea, I am not complaining about that. It just means a lot less time to make some sense out of the absolute disaster that I have been left with! When I was at my interview yesterday, I mentioned the fix I was in and one of the administration joked about using the staircase method of marking. Given that some of the students work is completely missing (paperwork that was given to the previous teacher and has vanished, computer files deleted, etc.), there may be some creative marking tactics that aren't so far off from that!

But really, I am happy!

0 comments: