A feel good day of teaching
>> Wednesday, January 23, 2008
There are definitely days that I love being a teacher. Today was one of those days. I have been helping a Grade 12 student try to get done his last two media studies credits. Today he handed them in to me. I was told by another member of staff that I should be heading to my new job with a halo over my head. She told me that, because of me, this student graduates from high school. I think she went a little overboard on the praise, but there is no doubt that I had an impact on that student. How can you not feel good about that?
The other feel good moment today was one of humour. My Math class had just started writing their final exam and one of the boys (a bit of a class clown) looked up at me and smiled. I gave him an encouraging smile back. Then he proceeded to cross himself. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud!
After a frenzied weekend of marking, and a couple days to tie up any loose ends as well as to conduct and mark a Math final, I have finished my current job. Tomorrow I start a new adventure!
0 comments:
Post a Comment