Adios Mexico!

>> Saturday, January 05, 2008

Well, the rest of the Mexican vacation was pretty uneventful, with the exception of New Year's Eve which was perhaps too eventful. We went out for dinner as a family. The hotel had a big NYE fiesta planned, but Jenn and Rollie were both sick and of course Bruce and Lorrie had the kids to put to bed. So I dragged my mom out for a short while. The hotel had set up for 5000 people. There was a bit of a cheezy show which started at about 10 pm which was about the time we got there. We had had a late dinner so the place was already packed when we got there. My mom found what I think she thought was a nice family table to join - two middle age couples with two teenage boys. Oops - they turned out to be English! Which means they turned out to be big drinkers. The tequila and champagne started flowing. Mom didn't stay long.. and I was left with the crazy, drunk English. It actually turned out to be a fun night. Dancing started at midnight after some fireworks and then at some point moved to the disco. I never made it back to the room until early morning. I spent half the next day asleep at the beach. All in all, not a bad week. I still think I prefer my vacations non-inclusive style though. With the exception of the short drive to the cenotes, I never left the resort!

0 comments: