Sarah Bonnell

>> Friday, May 12, 2006

I am having a great time in my new teaching post. With the exception of a few nasty ones, the girls that I teach are wonderful. The school has such a positive climate and the staff and students really have good relationships with each other. I am missed by many of the girls that I taught Maths to last term. But I do have a few of them in my ICT classes. In 2 weeks the Year 11 students will be leaving. They have study leave and then write their exams. I've actually got to know many of them quite well because they are having to stay after school to finish up coursework that must be handed in before they go. It means that I am here late most days, but I know that after they leave I will have lots of free time on my hands. With the Year 11 girls gone, that is nearly 1/3 of my teaching timetable freed up! I made perhaps an unfortunate remark in my introduction to my students which included telling them that I was adventurous. Now the Year 11 girls have talked me into going with them to an amusement park called Thorpe Park for their "leaving party". The rides there look much bigger, faster, and scarier than anything I have ever been on. YIKES!!

0 comments: