The new digs and Sebastien's tragic tale
>> Friday, May 19, 2006
What a sense of calm I now have in my new home. Now that I am away from grumpy, nutty Roger and the crazy, messy Aussie girls, I realize how much I was putting up with living there. The only problem I have now is that my new flatmates and I end up staying up too late talking. It's so enjoyable to have intelligent conversation with people that are interesting. Sebastien (Seb) and I had a real laugh last night about his "3 months in Spain". The story goes something like this...
After living in London most of his life, Seb had decided that he wanted to leave. After talking to a woman that Seb had worked with about his desire to escape London, she mentioned that her husband had a place on the coast of Spain and maybe she could make arrangements for him to go and stay there. His plans fell into place... Seb was to get room and board at the husband's house in return for painting a large wall mural. So Seb decided to abandon London and his girlfriend and move to Spain. Unfortunately, when he got there, he found that his dreams were not to be. There was no water or electricity in the "servant's" house that he had been allocated. He was supposed to have board as well, but it turned out that meant a cupboard full of rice. That's it!!! He was told that anything else he wanted, he would have to buy. He still wanted to make a go of things... until the night that one of his boss's friends (a male) tried to sexually assault him. That's when... completely broke, starving, and devasted, he made his way back to London by bus.
0 comments:
Post a Comment