Suck it Up Baby
>> Friday, February 27, 2009
As a non-resident, I am not eligible to get a credit card in New Zealand. This makes it very challenging for a person who buys as much as possible online. In particular I always buy flights and book accommodation online when I travel. My only option seems to be a product called Loaded which is offered by New Zealand Post. Basically it is a prepaid card. But check out the fees you pay to use your own money!! It's outrageous!!!
2 comments:
Wow, that's tough!!! Do your Canadian credit cards not work? Or does it just not make sense to use them there?!?
You need money in a Canadian bank account to pay off a Canadian credit card. I brought most of my money with me and it's now in a NZ bank account. Didn't realize this would be a problem... in the UK you could pay for basically everything online with your debit card. And I was able to get a credit card after about 6 months as well.
Post a Comment