City of Sails

>> Sunday, February 01, 2009

Auckland is known as the City of Sails with good reason. Sailboats are EVERYWHERE. I think families here must have a sailboat instead of a second car. I got a bit of a tour of Auckland today as well as some beach and swimming time. Here is a little video I took from atop Mt Victoria lookout in Devonport on the North Shore. The start of the video shows central Auckland (the tall building is the Sky Tower) and then it pans east. The last bit of land you can see in the south (before crossing the water) is pretty much where I live. The island you see is Rangitoto Island. It was ridiculously windy up there so I had a bit of trouble filming it. I've left the wind sound in, but at about 1/10 of the volume it really was.

0 comments: