Bye Bye Roatan
>> Sunday, September 07, 2008
I wasn't going to dive on Friday morning because I thought it would be nice to sleep in for a change. But I was up, so I decided I might as well dive! It is amazing how things have quieted down on Roatan from a month ago. I guess it is the start of slow season. There was just one other paying diver on the boat. An English guy named Simon who would be starting his instructor course in a couple days came along for fun and the dives were led by Jose, one of the instructors who had done my Nitrox course. As it was just the two of us, we got our choice of dive sites and had the best two dives that I had on Roatan. Definitely glad I decided to go diving!
As I was heading to grab some lunch I ran into Anna (from Finland) and Karl (the sub guy) so joined them for lunch. A few other people joined us as well. There was an American photographer who had come down to get some photos of Karl and his sub for a magazine, as well as a couple other people who had done the diving with the photographer. The afternoon was spent getting organized to return home and enjoying my last bit of time in the ocean with Anna.
Of course there was one last night out.. first Sundowners, where I ended up running into a local guy who I'd had trouble shaking my last time on the island! Fortunately Simon was there so I quickly went over to talk to him. Anna and Karl showed up and after awhile, Simon, Anna, and I headed to Will's place. Will is the course director for Coconut Tree Divers and was having a goodbye party for one of the instructors who was leaving. After the party we all headed to the Purple Turtle and then to Nova (completely predictable). I probably should have gone home after that, but ended up going to Marco's (dive instructor who was having a little after party) for a little while. I guess I just didn't really want to say goodbye...
0 comments:
Post a Comment