Broke in Sri Lanka
>> Monday, April 02, 2007
I thought things were going a little too smoothly... found my driver no problem at the airport, got my dive bag into storage for the week. Next stop - bank machine once we get into Colombo. I have tried every card I have and I can't get money!!!! The card that I counted on using because of no overseas banking charges was swallowed up by the machine. I am hungry and thirsty and have no money...... I can't even call the banks in England until Tuesday because it is a bank holiday tomorrow. Thank goodness I am here with a driver. I think he will spot me money for a couple days until I can figure out what is going on. He is so relaxed about it. Not me!!
Looking forward to watching baby elephants feed tomorrow at the elephant orphanage. I may have to join them for a feeding if I can't get any money....
1 comments:
OMG, what a nightmare! I sincerely hope that everything works out...
Post a Comment