Honduras Here I Come

>> Monday, May 26, 2008

I've been thinking about it for awhile.. even bought the Lonely Planet guide and a Spanish phrasebook a couple months ago. Now it is actually going to happen. I have booked plane tickets to go to Honduras this summer for 5 weeks!! Things are still in the early planning stages, but I do have my diving booked. My first week I will be spending on Roatan, my last week on Utila. I am trying to organize morning Spanish classes, afternoon volunteer work with Honduran kids, and a homestay in La Ceiba for the second week. Weeks 3 and 4 will have me on the move. Tentatively I plan to explore the north coast - hiking, white water rafting/kayaking, wildlife refuges, zip lining, visiting Garifuna villages and maybe even some time on the beach. Then down to see the Mayan ruins at Copan and possibly spend a day at an old coffee and cardamom plantation. I've got a few more days to decide on which may include more hiking, jumping into waterfalls, and maybe even a colonial town. There's just so much to see and do that I am having a hard time deciding! It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.


0 comments: