Hola from Akumal, Mexico

>> Saturday, December 29, 2007

Surprised to see that it has been well over a month since I last posted on here. But since I am on the road, which is where I post from more often than not, here we go again! It was a bit of a crazy month! I got a temporary contract covering for a teacher from the last week of November to the end of January. Media studies and math. It´s nice to not have to wait for the phone to ring... I was starting to get to the point where I needed a secretary! However, I have to drive 30 minutes each way to work. Okay in the summer... not so fun in the winter. Especially when my car is giving me grief. The not so great part is some of the... how shall I say this?.. yobs (let´s use that, they don´t know what it means!) in media studies. Within a week, 7 of my students had been suspended. Hope it improves after Christmas! Oddly, although I feel more unsettled now than I did in England, I am once again contributing to a pension plan.

ñññññ

Just wanted to put that in since I am in Mexico and it´s so readily available on the keyboard. Had a terrible journey down here... 3 hour delay for our flight. Made for a long day since we got up at 3:30 am. By the time we got here, everyone was cranky and hungry. I felt a bit better yesterday, much better today. The hotel is not really my thing as it´s the size of a small town. Yes, it´s nice... but the three times I walked down and back to the dive shop today was enough to convince me that smaller is better. Not to mention that I think you get better service. We got in really late Wednesday night so I just showed up at the dive shop yesterday morning hoping to dive. I got one dive in, but they were booked the rest of the day. Today was a bit of a gong show as the dive boat broke down. I managed to get one dive in this afternoon when they took a few of us out on the snorkelling boat. The dive guide went way faster than I like to dive, but we did see a shark so it´s all good. Tomorrow the cenotes!!! (cavern diving)

Gotta go.. need to meet up with the family to catch the supersize golf cart to go to dinner.

0 comments: