Getaway
>> Wednesday, October 11, 2006
5 1/2 weeks down, 1 1/2 more to go until half term break. Do I ever need a break!!! Things haven't slowed down at all. I stay at school until 6:00 everyday, but I am still behind on my marking. Worse than that, I am having problems with my head of department. It's making the job a lot less enjoyable. I won't go into the details here... but it really does make a huge difference whether your boss and you see eye to eye or not. The kids... well, some are better, some are worse.. as expected. My real loony in my tutor group (bird flu incident explained in previous post) has left for another school. Yay for me, too bad for them!
I am in the process of trying to decide what to do over the half term break... as is almost always the case, I am going it alone. Despite the fact that it has turned rainy here, I don't think I am in the mood for a packaged beach holiday to Spain or Turkey or somewhere like that. I have left things a bit late to get a cheap flight anywhere... so I am thinking of going to Cornwall or Devon. Maybe even take surfing lessons in Newquay. I'd like to give coasteering a try perhaps too. I'll figure something out over the next week. I need to get away and enjoy myself!!! Get my mind off work for awhile...
3 comments:
How about Amsterdam or Paris? I've lost track of your major travels!
P.S. A little parcel's on its way. Hopefully, you get it before the holidays.
Amsterdam is more of a weekend with friends kind of trip.. and Paris.. well, I thought about it, but decided I wasn't in the right mood. : )
Parcel huh? Can't wait - I love surprises!
I actually think Amsterdam by myself would've been more informative. There is the party aspect, of course, but Anne Frank's House and the Rijksmuseum would've been more worth the admission if I had had the time to go through at my own pace.
Ooh, how about Denmark?! Hans Christian Anderson-land!
Post a Comment