From one extreme to another

>> Tuesday, June 13, 2006

After days of unbearably hot (30+) and humid weather, it finally cooled off to a more reasonable temperature (mid 20's) yesterday. It started to rain in the morning... I think it was the first time in my life that I have been happy to see it rain!

When I was leaving school to catch the tube to meet my friend, Janine, to go see a movie, East London was in the midst of a flash flood! I had heard the intense rain, but was surprised to see the results. Stratford Centre (shopping mall) had several inches of water throughout and staff were busying sweeping water down drains. The best was the taxi stand area outside the tube station... full of taxis sitting in over a foot of water! Fortunately my journey from the school to the tube station only required a little wading. : )

0 comments: